|
About Blessings
Blessings is created by Angela aka Gel to provide people with tried and tested recipes on the little joys in life.
About Gel
Hi, I'm Angela Evangeline Kwan, more affectionately known as Gel and Lala.
One of my favourite pasttime's baking and making desserts.
Personal blog
Recipes
Others
Archives
© Gel 2010 |
Panna Cotta I tried making panna cotta today according to this book. Modified it slightly as I couldn't find half and half. I made 10 medium cups (shown in picture below) and 10 small cups (shown in strawberry yoghurt mousse) in total with one recipe. It's rather sweet so if you don't have a sweet tooth, you might want to add less sugar. This type of panna cotta isn't those that you can invert onto a plate and drip chocolate sauce over the plate. It's more of the eat-in-the-cup type of panna cotta. Nonetheless, it still taste good with a rich milky taste =)Recipe Ingredients: 3 cups (750ml) whole milk, divided - $1.90/1L (Giant) 2 1/2 tsp gelatin - $1.60/50g (Giant) 1 cup half-and-half (substituted for 100ml whipped cream + 150ml whole milk) 3/4 cup (about 6 flat tbsp) fine sugar - $2.90/2kg (Giant) 1 tsp Vanilla essence - $2 (Giant) Topping:Strawberries - $2.95/250g (Giant) Blueberries - $1.95/150g (Giant) Shaved chocolate Method: 1. Pour 1 cup of milk into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on the surface. Let the gelatin soak for 5 minutes. [I did this first and continued with the rest of the steps while waiting.] 2. Combine the remaining milk with the half-and-half and sugar in a medium saucepan. Whisk a couple of times to mix. 3. Add vanilla essence. Place the pan over low heat and bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally. [I whisked it while heating. It will froth a little. Heated it for about 10-15 mins] 4. Add the soaked gelatin into the hot liquid and whisk it in. Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk again. [I poured it in slowly while whisking with the other hand. There's froth from whisking.] 5. Pout mixture into cups/bowls and refrigerate immediately. 6. After the apnna cotta has set, stretch plastic wrap over the surface of the molds to cover them. Labels: mousse
XOXO,
Gel Thursday, July 22, 2010 |
